Anywhere really, mostly on the move I guess. I get it down on whatever: my phone, a notebook, Maccas serviettes etc. I get my best ideas when I’m trying to sleep.
2. Internet on or off while you’re writing?
Definitely on. I’m nothing without online thesauruses.
3. Which book/poem do you wish you’d written?
The Hobbit, then make sure no-one tries to make a trilogy out of it.
4. Which book are you constantly lending your friends?
5. Which fictional character do you think you're most romantically compatible with?
Lady Brett Ashley. I dunno, it’s what an online quiz told me.
6. Best piece of writing advice you’ve ever received?
‘Just write it all down’.
7. If you could only read and re-read one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
Blankets by Craig Thompson.
8. Which book do you only pretend to like to look cool/well-read?
On the Road and A Confederacy of Dunces. They’re both too long.
9. What are you working on at the moment?
Just some new songs, hopefully to play with some friends. Maybe the odd story or two. I’m always working on at least something, but never really finishing any of it.