All over the place. At 1am in bed when I’ve woken up with an idea. On the couch when I’m meant to be studying. But when it’s structured ‘writing time’ normally at my desk.
2. Internet on or off while you’re writing?
On, but Facebook off. I like to be able to look stuff up if I need to. I'm a firm believer in well researched writing.
3. Which book/poem do you wish you’d written?
A small part of me is always going to want to say Harry Potter. But more recently 'The Help', by Kathryn Stockett.
4. Which book are you constantly lending your friends?
There isn't just one book, it changes depending on what I've read recently. So at the moment it would be 'The Rosie Project' by Graeme Simsion.
5. Which fictional character do you think you're most romantically compatible with?
There's a book called 'Chocolat' by Joanne Harris, and the male protagonist is a river-rat/gypsy called Roux. There's something very sexy about how exotic, mysterious, sarcastic and quietly sweet he is. Also, my opinion may have been swayed ever so slightly by the fact that he was played by Johnny Depp in the movie.
6. Best piece of writing advice you’ve ever received?
Any writing exercise is valuable. Every time I have a writing task for uni, I remember the potential it has to become something real.
7. Which book do you only pretend to like to look cool/well-read?
Every time someone brings up Tolstoy or Dickens I always just nod along like I know what on earth they're talking about. I haven't read any of it.
8. What are you working on at the moment?
That's for me to know, and you to (hopefully) find out!