In my front room at home.
2. Internet on or off while you’re writing?
Bit of both. If it’s off, it invariably goes on because I’ll I need to check some piece of reality that I’m unsure of. If it’s on, I rarely get to that point (distracted).
3. Which book/poem do you wish you’d written?
Too many to list. When I had just started my studies at UTS, I read some first novels by Australian writers. I loved Favel Parrett’s Past the Shallows and hope one day I can write something half as good.
4. Which book are you constantly lending your friends?
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
5. Which fictional character do you think you're most romantically compatible with?
I think lets talk general compatibility – I reckon the Dog in Two Caravans (Marina Lewycka) would be an awesome companion.
6. Best piece of writing advice you’ve ever received?
7. If you could only read and re-read one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
Never been big on reading books twice but most recently I’ve read Cloudstreet and Catcher in the Rye again. One of those perhaps?
8. Which book do you only pretend to like to look cool/well-read?
Sorry. Not good at pretending.
9. What are you working on at the moment?
Sitting down for longer. It’s very much a work in progress.